Friday, November 14, 2008

chapter 8 - post 3

I really enjoyed all of the information about interviewing in this chapter! I feel like it is a topic that is never really covered in school and should be! I have learned most of the information over the years, but it was nice to hear exactly what to do. I personally would love to take a class that teaches how to be better at interviewing. It was also nice to see the list of typical interview questions. A list like the one provided would be very useful while preping for an interview. In interviews, I am often thrown off by the questions, and end up answering with ridiculous answers. It's frustrating because by being thrown off, I am not able to "sell" myself to the best of my ability. I usually walk out of the interview asking "why didn't I mention...". Many of my skills and qualifications are not expressed because of my nerves! This chapter really gave me a heads up on how to relax a little more. I plan on keeping this book and looking over this chapter before my next interview!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I definitely agree with you in that being thrown off by interview questions can be frustrating. I think at some point it happens to all of us and then we later wonder why we said what we said. I do think that it would interesting to take a class about interviewing but this chapter was a nice introduction as to what you can expect and how to do a little better. I think we can all use a little help in how to relax in an interview situation. Because after all, if we’re shaking, nervous and sometimes scared out of our minds it is impossible to make the best impression of yourself on the interviewer.