Thursday, November 6, 2008

chapter 6 - post 1

After reading about the filtering theory, I now realize that smooth interaction cues are what attract me to other individuals. I tend to be very shy while meeting someone new, and if I have an easy time talking to a person, I tend to feel more comfortable. Most of the people who I end up being romantic with usually are able to unintentionally motivate me to speak or laugh. In my opinion, preinteraction cues are not as important. I keep an open mind about everyone and try not to make judgements about physical features. On the other hand, when men display specific personality traits that I dislike, then I typically form an opinion about them. For example, if I was to walk down the street and someone was to yell out there window at me, then I would not be interested in them romantically because their action was disrespectful in my opinion. Incidental cues are important because it is very difficult to form a relationship with someone you can never talk to, and almost impossible to have no interaction with someone you see 13 hours a day. I do believe that it is possible to make a relationship involving distance work, but it is very difficult to do.

No comments: