Saturday, November 8, 2008

chapter 6 - post 3

In this chapter, I found the concept regarding "tests" to be very interesting. I never realized it, but it is something that always happens in relationships. I know that I am personally guilty of performing all of the tests listed in the text. I also realize that when a person crosses the line or is not on the same level as their partner, then it can totally mess up a relationship. For example, if I was to perform the seperation test, and my partner became very serious and told me that he wanted to spend every second with me for the rest of my life, and I wasn't ready for that sort of response, then it would scare me away. In contrast, if I was to perform the jealousy test and my partner didn't seem to mind me flirting with other people, then I would think he didn't care about me enough. It is very difficult to find someone who can give you the response you are searching for, and it is also difficult to understand how to respond to such tests. This is the aspect of dating that I hate. I wish that people could just say how they feel rather than having to guess what their partner wants them to say. It's a very frustrating game that I hope to understand better one day.

No comments: