Wednesday, December 10, 2008

chapter 13 - post 1

The type of research method that I find most interesting is Performance Research. I feel like most people are able to identify concepts displayed in a performance much easier than if they were to listen to a lecture instead. For example, if I was to give a speech about the budget cuts in schools, it would not send out the same message as a performance. Through a performance you see examples of how the main point applies in life, and it helps the audience grasp the ideas rather than being forced to retain knowledge. If I was to study deception, I would use Ethnography as my method. I think that deception is only observable in it's natural setting. In order to fully observe the situation, the researcher would have to experience deception or be deceitful in a natural setting. My research question would be, "How does deception effect friendships".

No comments: